ASSET GO IS OPERATED BY ASSET GO SOLUTIONS LTD
Asset Go Solutions Limited is sometimes a “data controller”. This means that in certain circumstances, we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal data about you. As a data controller, we are required under data protection legislation to notify you of the information contained in this privacy statement.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU AND HOW WE USE IT
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where your identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, store and use the following categories of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth, gender, photograph ID, driving licence details, your job title and employer/workplace details.
- Contact Data includes email address and telephone numbers.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website and our Asset Go app.
- Transaction Data includes details of products and services purchased from us by you or on your behalf.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you or on your behalf, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, app, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
HOW WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Information you give to us
This is information about you that you provide to us when using our website or Asset Go app, when you contact us or when we contact you. It includes information you give us when filling in forms on our website, when using our Asset Go app, searching for a product or services, by registering to use our services or Asset Go app, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The information may be your name, address, place of work, e-mail address and telephone number, log in details, driving licence details or a photo (if you upload one when using our services). If you fail to provide certain information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have entered into with you or your employer (or if you are a contractor, the business that has contracted with you) as the case may be, or we may be prevented from complying with our legal obligations.
Information automatically collected about you
When you visit our website, we will automatically collect:
- Log Files. Like many other Web sites, Asset Go Solutions makes use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, type of browser, plug ins, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and number of clicks to analyse trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information;
- Technical personal data, including your internet protocol (IP) address, your browser (and any plug-in) type and version, your time zone setting, and your login information if you are using our services; and
- Information about your visit to our website, including the full referring Uniform Resource Locators (URL) (i.e. the webpage you left before coming to our webpage, if any), clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and information inputted during your use of the services and/or information inputted to our ‘Contact Us’ form.
When you use our Asset Go app, we will automatically collect:
- information about your location when using the Asset Go app; and
- information about the time when you used the Asset Go app.
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites that we operate or other services we provide, for example www.smartsource.co.uk & www.tachpro.com. We may share this data internally and combine it with information collected on this website for the purposes set out above. We will not use this information for direct marketing purposes.
We may receive information about you from your employer (or if you are a contractor, by the business that has contracted with you) to register you as a user of our services and for the purposes of receiving and using our services, and from third parties who may provide our services to you and/or your employer (or if you are a contractor, the business that has contracted with you).
HOW WE WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use personal data we collect about you and your visit to our website and Asset Go app in the following circumstances:
- where you have given consent to us or your employer (or if you are a contractor, the business that has contracted with you);
- to carry out our obligations arising under contracts we have entered into with you, for example to provide you with the services;
- where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your own interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests (for example, to provide you with the information, products and services that you or your employer (or if you are a contractor, the business that has contracted with you) request from us, or for our internal business management and planning);
- where we need to comply with a legal obligation; and
- to notify you about changes to our products, services or this statement.
We use personal data collected by us or received from other sources:
- to allow you to use our services and Asset Go app, if and when you choose to do so;
- to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website and/or Asset Go app, including improving our website, Asset Go app and services and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer/device;
- for our internal operations to allow us to determine statistical usage of the website and/or Asset Go app and its associated pages, our services and for research purposes. This allows us to see which areas are more popular than others on the website and/or Asset Go app, the paths taken to reach each page, and it also allows us to gauge the effectiveness of any promotional programs we may be running at the time; and
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
Some of the above grounds for processing will overlap and there may be several grounds which justify our use of your personal data. We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data although we will get your consent before sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
We will also share your personal data with third parties where required by law, where it is necessary to administer our business relationship with you or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so. This may include third-party service providers. We may share your personal data with other third parties, for example in the context of the possible sale or restructuring of our business. We may also need to share your personal data with a regulator or to otherwise comply with the law. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We will also share your personal data with third-party service providers which include our contractors. The following activities are carried out by third-party service providers:
- website and app development; and
- web hosting services.
If you would like details of which third-party service providers we currently use and share your personal data with, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not envisage transferring your personal data outside the UK. However, if we do, we will ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- we will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data; or
- where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved for use in the UK which give personal data the same protection it has in the UK.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
All information you provide to us is stored on our web hosting provider’s secure servers in the United Kingdom.
We have put in place measures to protect the security of your personal data. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. All data will be 256bit encrypted via SSL and through both a software and hardware firewall (server-side). In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions. Details of these measures are available upon request by contacting us at email@example.com.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
Third parties will only process your personal data on our instructions and where they have agreed to treat the information confidentially and to keep it secure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website or the Asset Go app meaning that any transmission is at your own risk.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, contractual, accounting, or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you. Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal data are available in our retention policy which is available from firstname.lastname@example.org.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process it and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances, we may anonymise your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such data without further notice to you.
Our website may contain links to other websites and may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. We are not responsible for the privacy practices, actions, or the content of such websites. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You have the right to:
- request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it;
- request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us;
- request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request;
- object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest including those of a third party and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms;
- request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
- if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy;
- where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it;
- where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it,
- request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you; and
- withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you want to exercise any of your rights, please contact us in writing at: email@example.com. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your business relationship with us.
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
If you want detailed information on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit Get Safe Online at www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
CHANGES TO THIS STATEMENT
We reserve the right to change or update this privacy statement at any time. Any changes we make in the future will be posted on this page. Please check this page frequently to see any such changes or updates. Where appropriate, substantial changes will be notified to you by email if you have provided us with your email address. We may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal data.
CONTACTING US AND COMPLAINTS
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this website, or your dealings with this website, please contact us here, or at Asset Go Solutions Ltd, President Park, President Way, Sheffield, S4 7UR – Tel: 0331 744244 – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Your questions and comments are welcomed.
If you wish to raise a complaint about our collection, storage or use of your personal data please contact us at email@example.com. You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.